Friday, October 16, 2009

October Update


October has been a big month in our house! Big events happening, big baby girl, big milestones...it's been b-i-g!

Big event: Her weight and getting her 1st cold.

Avery's just keeps getting bigger! We went to the doctor 2 days ago because Avery has had a stuffy, runny nose, a little cough, and a 99.2 temperature. I wasn't sure if she was really sick, but since this was the first time she's ever had any kind of sick-like symptoms AND because of the rampant swine flu, I decided to take her to the doctor.
Well, they weighed her and she is tipping the scales at 20 lbs. 14 oz! What?!?! Wade and I were shocked. She's huge. Just huge.
Turns out, she has just caught a little cold and there is nothing to worry about (and nothing to do, other than suction her nose - which she HATES - and use a humdifier).

Red, stuffy nose!

Big baby girl: My friend Jennifer told me that "The days are long, but the years are short." So true. Some days seems to drag on and on, but when I look at the calender, it's hard for me to believe that she is 7 months old....and, with that being said, it's definitely about time for this next event:
This month, Avery will have her 2nd babysitter experience! Wade and I don't get out much, obviously:) I really hope she does well with a babysitter and goes to sleep easily!
We also have had more playdates, more shopping trips with Avery sitting in the front of the shopping cart, more new baby foods (green beans - ok, applesauce - yum, peas - gross, apple/blueberry mixed - YUM), and more new clothes (she's outgrown nearly all of her 6 month outfits).
Speaking of new clothes...at the bottom of this post, she is modeling her Halloween outfit that I picked out for her! For some reason, I couldn't copy & paste it up here. Isn't she sweet? Wade wasn't too thrilled with my choice of costume (it's too ordinary), so he's going to pick out his own costume for Avery. I think it's going to be a big, fluffy lamb costume:) Pictures are sure to come!

Big milestone:
Avery can lay on her stomach and push up into a sitting position...and go back down again! Whoo hoo! I discovered she could do this last week. After her nap, I went into her room to get her and she was just sitting up in her crib, playing with her pacifier! I was shocked!!! I called Wade immediately and he was happy too:) Since then, that's the way she ends all of her naps. Just sitting up and waiting for me to come and get her. It's so sweet!
Here's the sequence of events...




All the way up!

It's been so neat watching her roll around, sit up, and then roll around some more. She is "low crawling" all around the floor too and, because of that, I've had to become more diligent about keeping the carpets clean and floors swept.

That's all for now!:)

2 comments:

  1. omi goodness! 2o lbs 14oz! Thats not far off from Anderson and he is one! Our pediatrician always told me that breastfed babies weigh more at first, and then by one or so they level out and are actually leaner than formula babies, so I am sure that is the case with Avery! She is totally precious, and I love the costume! Tutu's on little girls are soooooooo cute! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Halloween costume! Very sassy :) So sorry to hear that she was sick. Alli was sick a few weeks ago and also hates getting her nose sucked! We joke about her fear of the blue bulb syringe! :) Avery is getting so big and is still so cute! Can't believe all she is doing now!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.