Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fair pictures and videos!

The SC State fair was last week and, after missing it last year because of the rain, I made a point to get there this time. Sallie and I took Avery and we had a great time! The weather was perfect and Avery really enjoyed herself too!
Touring the Agriculture building...and enjoying being inside in the air conditioning!

Aunt Sallie and Avery with her new headband from Claire's!

We went and looked at the food contest area and saw some wonderful cakes! The took 1st place in it's category and was really cute!

I LOVED this cake!!!! The entire thing was edible! The shoes and the tissue paper in the shoe box were made totally of icing! The shoes were even "brushed" with gold colored powder. Crazy! It was beautiful and definitely worthy of 1st place!

My favorite ride: The Sky Ride! But, I (happily) missed it this year.

I didn't miss the funnel cakes. Those were a top priority!

Yum!

Just took pictures of this...incredible!


Here's a little clip of Avery pulling up to standing! She pulls up the easiest on the couch upstairs. The first time she pulled up was last week. She was in the living room and pulled up on her music table. The morning, she accidentally pulled up on the edge of it and took a spill backwards. Thankfully, she landed on her big, fluffy teddy bear, ha! Thanks, Malie!

Here's the very short video of the spill...you can hear me say "Woah!" during the fall because it surprised me too!



1 comment:

  1. Love the fair pics! A friend of a friend made the 1st place cake that you took a picture of! Can't believe how some people can make such crazy cakes. I also can't believe Avery is pulling up! She is such a strong little lady! :) Love the video too :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.