Avery is a walking machine! She loves to walk and is definitely the happiest when she is walking around. She laughs and smiles and will walk right into your open arms. I love it!
She can take many steps now. She can walk the entire length of our kitchen and breakfast room! She can also easily pop back up to standing once she falls downs. It's pretty cute and it's quite an accomplishment!
Personally, I accomplished something really big today: I finished my Bible! It took me 97 days instead of 90, but I'm really glad I did it and stuck to it. Last time, it took me about 6 months. This time, just a little over 3 months. Whew.
Many students in the student ministry at First Baptist finished the Bible right on time (in either 88 or 90 days). I was very impressed!
I know I couldn't have done that in high school...or in any other stage of my life. As a stay at home mom, it was easy to find time to read 45 minutes each day...but, if I was a student or working (or both), it would have taken me much longer. Overall, it's been a really great experience (I've learned a ton) and I'm so thankful I did it.
Well, Avery has been up to new things lately (other than walking). First off, she's cutting more teeth. Yep. She is getting her molars. Sigh. Yawn. Great.
Wade, Avery, and I were up from 4 am - 5:30 am this morning because of her teeth. She was crying, fussy, and just didn't want to do anything but watch her Praise Baby dvd! I had to let her cry herself to sleep and she finally gave in around 5:30 am this morning.
Well, I reached my finger in her mouth this morning and confirmed my teething theory...and there are definitely big teeth popping through on the top and bottom. I got some Motrin and Baby Oragel today and I hope it works!
She's also been eating more and more table food. Her favorites right now are cinnamon and sugar toast, cinnamon and spice Quaker instant oatmeal (with 2 ice cubes to cool it off), baked lasagne, egg yolk, American cheese slices, and lunch meat. She does ok with vegetables, but I usually have to put them in her mouth for her...or else they get smashed up on her tray and then thrown on the floor!
Here are a few fun pictures I took of her recently:
After she walks around (and falls and gets up and falls and gets up), she gets all hot and sweaty...and her hair will stick up after you play with it! Too funny.
I love Avery's sweet smile! She is way too cute and I SO wish that she and Alli could play together. So many facial expressions, smiles, and little things she does in your pics remind me so much of her! :) They may get to play together some because we move to Greenville at the end of May. yay! :) Good job too for finishing the Bible! I have talked with Daniel a lot and I really want to tackle the 90 day task. Gotta get motivated! Thanks for the cinnamon and sugar toast idea. Gonna try it in the morning :)
ReplyDelete