Tuesday, May 18, 2010

14 months

Avery is getting so much personality! She loves to make silly faces, walk around the house with flip flops on her arms, do anything to make you smile and laugh, clap her hands when you sing, and she absolutely loves "face plant time" on the couch with Wade (pictures of that soon!).

Here's a little of what she's been up to as a 14 month old...

-Loves saltine crackers. I think she mostly like breaking them up in little pieces and watching them fly around on her tray when she hits it.

-No more bottles! A few weeks ago, I started giving her a cup with a straw in it that we got from a restaurant (she loves this certain dinosaur cup) before bed. She can drink the whole cup in about 1.5 minutes. It's awesome. I just warm the milk up in the cup, give it a stir with the straw, plop her down on my lap as we watch a little Jeopardy, and she chugs it in record time!

-Uses a real toothbrush now...but, I still use a washcloth to "brush" her teeth if I can't get her to open up long enough to use the toothbrush. I haven't tried toothpaste yet...I was going to wait and ask the doctor about that during her 15 month appointment.

-Really likes walking, but also really likes to be picked up too. Go figure:)

-Has been promoted to the "walkers" class at church! This is the 3rd nursery class she's been in and this past Sunday was her 1st time in the new class. I wasn't sure how she'd respond to it, but she didn't skip a beat. I put her down on the floor and she immediately went over to the toy shelves, grabbed a toy, and took it over to the teacher. I don't think she even noticed I was in the room:) She did great the whole time - yay!

-LOVES her Praise Baby dvd. If you have a baby/toddler and you don't have a Praise Baby dvd, I don't know how you get through your day! She could be crying her eyes out and then, if she just hears the intro music to the dvd, she stops, perks right up, and starts smiling and clapping. It's absolute bliss! There's a picture of her watching it in her pack n'play below. I use it mostly when I need to get stuff done around the house and want Avery to be still and content for a while. Sometimes, if Avery is having one of her "I don't want to eat ANYTHING for breakfast/lunch/dinner" spells, I play that dvd on my laptop in the kitchen and she will easily devour all of her food as she watches it. It's incredible!

Last weekend, we hosted the 1st Supper Club night for our Sunday school class. It was wonderful! A little over 30 people came and we had a great time...and lots of food:) I'm thankful it didn't rain (there was a 20% chance) because I don't know what we would have done if we couldn't use our deck and porch. We didn't get that many pictures, but here are a few...

Avery & me, Trace & Jennifer, Mac & Mary Neil

Just a cute picture of what Avery's hair looks like after running around outside!

Friends out on the deck...and that's all the pictures of the supper club night.
We'll do better next time!

Watching Praise Baby!

Distracting Wade as he's studying in the office

Having fun in her stroller outside of Starbucks (our Saturday morning tradition!)

Trying out the slide at Wilson's 30th birthday party

Loved it!

Hanging out with Daddy:)

No more bottles! It's a straw and cup from here on out...

Loves flips flops

So happy...

and so irritated with all the pictures!

That's all for now!





1 comment:

  1. Oh I love her and I've only met her once!! :) She is so cute and has the sweetest little personality. Hope we get to play soon! Love her hair picture. So funny! You look stunning too holding her with her straw cup. Straws are the only way Alli drinks anything. Still doesn't know to turn up a cup to drink. Who knows? Hope pregnancy is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.