Thursday, May 6, 2010

Home improvements

The lady that lived here before us had a really, um, vibrant decorating style, to say the least. The kitchen was Pepto Bismol pink and the wallpaper in the bathrooms was pretty different...there is still monkey themed wallpaper upstairs in the guest bathroom!

Since we moved in, we've been doing some improvements to make this more like our home. I wish I would have taken a full shot of the super girly kitchen before we painted it Creekside Green...but, I didn't. You can see a stripe of pink in the back splash area in the 2nd picture down, but that's all the pink that we left.

Well, here's a little of what we've been doing since July 2008:


Before (but after we painted):

During: Look at that pink! Can you imagine?!

During...

After: Nice and clean!

After: Please ignore the counter clutter:)

Before: Hmmm...you think I would have cleaned the counters off before taking the picture!

After: (big sigh) Muchos better!
Before: Not my style at all half bath

After: My style!
Except the gold frame on the mirror. I'm painting it black soon.
And, I moved the soap dispenser to the other side. Big difference, I know:)

Before: Gross-me-out water damage!
(We bought the house like this...I actually put on shoes if I had to go in and use this bathroom.)

After: No more rotten floors! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I love that Wade has his dress shirts hanging by the kitchen cabinets in the first picture! Ha ha, you must not have left him any room in the closet! The renovations look GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.