Friday, October 15, 2010

Fair Time

This past Wednesday was my due date and the opening day to the SC State Fair!!!  I knew we just had to go because who really knows how much longer we have until Reese is born.

The fair was really, really crowded (admission was just $1 that day), but we had a great time. It took us a little while to find a ride that Avery could do on her own.  Eventually, we found a car ride called "Hampton Combos", the best and most fun ride ever for our sweet little girl!

It's basically just a bunch of cars that sit on a platform and the platform slowly spins around and around. The cars have steering wheels and buttons inside that you can push to make a beeping sound. Avery was in heaven!

I was a little nervous when Wade buckled her in the car and then just left her there as he walked back to the other side of the fence...this was her 1st carnival ride ever and I just didn't know how she'd react and if those buckles were going to really keep her in the car!

But, once the ride started up, I had nothing to worry about. She absolutely loved it!!! She was smiling, laughing, pushing all the buttons, turning the steering wheel, talking to the little boys behind her, waving at us...she was having a blast!



Getting on the ride for the 1st time

Buckle up!

Coming around the first curve

She loved it!

Smile!









After we rode the cars for a while, we walked around and tried to find another ride for her to do. We didn't see any others she could ride by herself, so Wade took her on her 1st roller coaster, Orient Express. It was a short, but LOUD, little metal roller coaster. They sat together and neither of us are sure what Avery thought of the whole thing. She was so short - definitely the smallest child on the ride - and I don't think she couldn't see very well, so I'm not sure she liked it very much. However, once they got off the ride, she wanted to go right back on:) Instead, we rode the cars a few more times and then got some food for dinner (we passed on the Krispy Kreme Doughnut burger - so weird).  We met up with the Clarks for a few minutes and then we called it a night!







We were so tired once we got to the car, but I'm so glad we got to go and watch Avery go on her 1st ride!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that Avery got to ride! We tried to put Maddie on a few and they wouldn't let her ride because of her height! So we rode the carousel twice. I didn't see the Krispy Kreme burger but I heard about it--that is just a stomach ache waiting to happen! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.