Tuesday, October 5, 2010

19 Months

Avery is 19 months old...which means that little brother is coming soon! Just 1 week until my due date. Yay!!!

Avery has been a busy little girl over the past few months. She has really started to enjoy coloring with either crayons, Color Wonder markers, or an ink pen. She could sit in her high chair and draw with an ink pen for probably 30 minutes and be totally content!
She also really likes to ride around in her Cozy Coupe car, roll/pass ball, pretend to call and talk on my old cell phone, watch cartoons (Oso is still the love of her life!), run around outside, read books, and basically do anything that you're doing.  She has learned that Reese is in my belly (points to my belly when asked "Where's Reese?") and that she needs to be quiet (puts a finger in front of her mouth and says "shhh") when we tell her "The baby is sleeping". It's so sweet!

Avery's food interests have really expanded too. She loves grapes (cut in half or fourths), diced apples, and any type of cracker (Ritz, saltine, Wheat Thins, Sunchips, Goldfish, etc.).  She loves noodles and is a big fan of Eggo Waffles, with just a small bit of syrup to dip the pieces in. She has been eating Cheerios the real way too - in a bowl with milk! It's funny to watch her stir up the cereal and then only get a little drip of milk on her spoon to eat. I have to help her eat Cheerios this way (one spoon for her and one for me to feed her), but she is getting the hang of it.

She is still doing well with taking a nap (usually from 12:45 to 2 pm) and she has been sleeping in until at least 7:15 am for about 3 weeks now. I'm really happy about this! She goes to bed around 7:45 pm.  For about the last 4-5 months, she woke up around 6:30 am, but now she is sleeping in and I love it! I know Wade would prefer to see her before he leaves for work, but oh well!:)

Here are a few pictures of her playing with bubbles in the front yard. She absolutely loves bubbles - chasing them, popping them, trying to blow them herself with the wand...she could stay outside for hours and play with bubbles! (I usually have to coax her inside by asking if she wants to watch a cartoon or wants a snack...or else she will throw a really big fit and cry and cry if I just pick her up and take her inside...poor girl!)








That's all for now! I go to my 39 week appointment tomorrow...wonder if Reese will be a week late like Avery???

1 comment:

  1. I am loving her little swirly hair! So cute. I'm impressed she's eating "real" cereal too. So fun reading up on her and can't believe it's already time for Reese to be here! I do hope we can stop through Columbia sometime soon. Enjoy your last few days with just having Avery :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.