Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fall is in the air...

Fall is in the air! I loved last weekend and the cool 60 degree mornings for 3 days in a row. We had the windows open in the kitchen during breakfast and it was such a treat to feel that crisp "mountain" air!
I guess with the dropping temperatures, the leaves around our house have started to change color:



My mom and I decorated my old wreath with some mums and put it on our front door.  I put it up on September 1st...I am ready for fall!

Fall means it's back-to-school season too.  Avery is ready to go with her new activity desk!
I recently discovered Crayola's Color Wonder markers. They are markers that ONLY color on the special Color Wonder paper.  Jenny bought me a starter kit and it is awesome. Avery can color away and I don't have to worry about marks showing up on the walls, floors, furniture, her body, etc. They really do work and Avery likes them a lot.



It also means that baby Reese is coming soon! I'm 35 weeks, so he's due in 6 weeks max. Wow!
Here's a little look in his nursery...

 New convertible crib!

 Lots of clothes already

 I just couldn't resist these shoes!

 New baby boy bouncer...his monthly pictures will be taken in this 
and in the polka dot pajamas Avery wore too!

 This is a wonderful Peter Rabbit picture my mom cross-stitched. Can't wait to hang it!:)


My friend, April, put Reese's name on this blanket and the monkey pillow - CUTE!!!


Ok, this has nothing to do with fall, but it is something new...Avery has been obsessed with the Disney cartoon "Special Agent Oso".  Oso is the name of this teddy bear that helps children do things, like learn to play hide-and-seek, clean up their room, use chopsticks, ride a carousel, etc.  She absolutely loves this cartoon and gets so, so, SO excited when you ask her "Do you want to watch Oso?".  Big smiles and squeals and a rush to the computer (where she watches it) occur.

Over the weekend, I found this Oso plush toy online and it was delivered yesterday.  She didn't quite know how to react to it at first, but now she can't get enough of her Oso!



He's a funny-looking little bear, but Avery adores him!

1 comment:

  1. Addie is not as big of fan of Oso as Avery, but she does watch it. What is funny is she has this stuffed dog, of all things, that she named Oso. I guess she thinks that it looks like him. Nothing else has a name, but she always calls this dog Oso...go figure!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.