Tuesday, November 30, 2010

1 Month

1 month!


Here's his first picture in the blue pajamas and in the bouncy seat! So big! Avery had all of her monthly pictures in the same set of pajamas and in her bouncy pink seat. I keep each picture in a little photo album and it's neat to see she grew from month to month. I plan on doing the same for Reese:)


Weight: 10 lbs. 13 oz.
Length: 22.5"
Head: 15.75"

Reese has been a very, very good baby and I'm so thankful that he has a happy little personality!  He has the same big blue eyes like his sister and we are just so in love with our little Reese.

This time around, I've been doing things a little differently and it's been working really well.  During the 1st month with Avery, I woke her up every 3 hours to eat, even during the night (which was the advice from the pediatrician). It was the longest month ever!  With Reese, I am still feeing him every 2.5 - 3 hours during the day, but I don't wake him up during the night...and I've been able to get some good 4-5 hour long stretches of sleep as a result! Yay!

Also, I've been taking Reese out in public a lot...something I didn't really do at all with Avery until 8 weeks old. I just keep him in his car seat the whole time and sometimes lay a blanket over his car seat for "extra protection".  It's been so nice to be able to get out more and not be so worried that he'll pick up some illness. I think that as along as he's in his car seat and not being touched by strangers/sick people, he'll be just fine.

I've been getting enough sleep at night (I guess) that I am able to make it through the day without a nap. Not that I don't want to take a nap (somedays, that'd be great!), but Reese and Avery rarely sleep at the same time. The advice "sleep when the baby sleeps" doesn't seem to apply when you have more than 1 child.

Here's a little list of what Reese has been up to...
-still has his umbilical cord! The doctor put some silver nitrate on it during his 1 month appointment to help dry it up, so hopefully it'll come off in the next week or so. If it's not off by 7 weeks, we have to go back and the doctor will take it totally off. Sigh. (Avery had to have hers taken off by the doctor at 7 weeks)
-had 2 clogged tear ducts, but now they're normal and he looks great!:)
-is getting over his 1st cold. Avery has had a runny nose for the past 3 weeks and, despite the insane amount of hand washing I do and that I make her do, I think he picked up some of her germs. Poor little guy just sounds congested some mornings and he really hates it when I have to use the aspirator.
-took his 1st road trip! We all went to Gaffney, SC, for Thanksgiving and had the most wonderful time! I'll post more on Thanksgiving soon...
-For the past 2 nights, he's slept from 10:30 pm to 2:30 am...and then from 3 to 6 am! It's been great! Hope this trend will continue for a while:)

That's all for now!

...ps: I hope I can get back into posting weekly updates of both Reese and Avery soon. Life is pretty busy with 2 children under 2 years old...my free time mostly consists of resting, reading, and grabbing something to eat (and, therefore, not blogging)...but, I hope to sneak some time in to write updates because this blog is pretty much "the baby book" for Reese and Avery. I'm going to have this blog published into a book once I determine when it's finished...wonder when that will be!:)



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are getting some sleep! I'm a big fan of just letting them sleep. Unfortunately, I didn't learn that until Alli was 3 months old! Oh well... you live and learn. Hope to meet baby Reese sometime soon! Hope Gaffney was fun too. Not sure if I ever responded to you but we were out of town the whole week. We need to hang out soon though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the repeat pajamas- so cute! I miss seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sara! So good to hear an update from you all. I'm so glad that you are getting some sleep and Reese is being a good baby! That is encouraging news. I liked hearing what you are doing differently, I'm sure I will be the same way. I used to wake Braelyn up also at first, and I'm pretty sure I won't be doing that this time :). Reese is adorable and definitely looks like his big sister. Hope you all have a great Christmas and maybe I can give you a call before this next baby shows up!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.