Before I considered enrolling Avery, I thought that preschool for a 1.5 year old was kind of pointless. I thought, "What could she possibly benefit from that? Is that really necessary? Isn't she too young?". While it may not be necessary for all children, it's totally necessary for us right now:)
I think Avery loves the interaction with other children, the chance to do fun arts and crafts projects everyday, getting to play outside on the playground or inside in the big rec room, singing songs, having parties, and just being out of the house. Somedays, doing the same games or watching the same cartoons gets really old. I'm glad she has something new and fun to do during the week to add a little variety (and education) to her life!
For me, I love having 3 free mornings a week to relax or get things done around the house, go grocery shopping (try fitting a toddler and an infant carrier into a shopping cart at Publix - impossible), have an uninterrupted devotional time, enjoy my morning coffee while it's still hot, etc. It's so nice. I think I look forward to preschool days just as much as Avery!
Each month, the children learn about different topics. For November, they focused on being thankful, the color of the month was brown (they learned to identify things that were brown), and every week had a different theme (like leaves, pilgrims, and turkeys). They did art projects that corresponded to the theme of the week too. Since the preschool is a part of a church, everything they do involves God and the Christian faith. Below are some pictures of her projects from November:
I'm glad I took a picture of the turkey because, after letting Avery play with it, she ripped it all to pieces!
It says "God made the leaves turn beautiful colors in fall"
She LOVES her Indian hat. She wore it everyday while we were in Gaffney for Thanksgiving. I was glad they hot glued the feathers to the hat or else they would have ended up like her poor turkey!
Avery's picture on the 1st day!
A cute prayer they said to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
Here are the pictures from the 1st day (we took 136 pictures! haha!):
She loves her bay-bees!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.