Friday, January 7, 2011

Gimme an A

This past summer, Avery started showing an interest in drawing and coloring.  One of the things I'd do with her was write the letter "A" over and over again, so she could easily recognize it, say it, and hopefully write it herself at some point.  As of last month, I'm happy to say that she can now write the letter A!  And, she is obsessed with it...

The letter A is usually the 1st thing she draws on a piece of paper when she starts to color...as you can tell by these coloring pages she did at school today!




One of her other favorite things to do is to "go up".   
This picture shows what this means (sorry, Grandma, I know it makes you nervous!):

Well, I'm still going through the Christmas pictures...and I probably won't have time to post the ones that I like...because it will likely be March before I get through them all...and then it will be even later before I find time to put them on the blog:)...so, I'm just moving on!
Avery has been doing really well with Reese. She loves him so much and I just LOVE that she has taken such a sweet interest in him.  Avery is growing into such a sweet little girl too. 
Here's a little update on Avery:
- She no longer uses her pacifier!!! She actually stopped using it back in November. Wade was the one who initiated the taking-away process by simply not offering it to her at night.  She must have been totally ok with it because she would just go right to sleep and wake up just fine in the morning. I don't think she missed it at all - yay!
-She can easily eat off a plate now (but occasionally the plate ends up on the floor and the food is all over her tray)
-She loves going to school. She cheers in the car when we turn into the parking lot:)
-She can say a few more words now: car, truck, yay, papa
-Does NOT like tuna fish. She gagged when I gave it to her yesterday. Oops!
Well, that's about all I can think of right now...she is so fun and I can't wait for her 2 year birthday party at Fun Zone! Whoo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.