Avery is 5 months old - almost half a year! Wow. Time flies. Even when you're more tired than having fun sometimes, time still flies!
Avery is getting big too. She fills out her 6 to 9 month clothes very well and wears stage 3 diapers! She's a little over 16 lbs. now and her hair is getting a little longer and darker. I kind of hope she'll be a blonde, but it's looking more brunette these days. Her eyes are still blue, BIG and blue!
Here's a run-down of what Avery has been up to...
- Loves to roll over! She can easily roll from her back to tummy, but she really only rolls from her tummy to her back if she is on her jungle mat and is reaching up/behind her for the toys dangling from above.
- Slobbers on/Licks/Sucks on anything she can put into her mouth! We were on the patio a few days ago and I held her up to one of the hanging baskets of plants. She reached out, grabbed a leaf off one of the flowers, and proceed to put it in her mouth! I quickly batted it out of her hand and took a few steps back from the flowers. I'm keeping an eye on her now:)
- She like to sleep on her stomach! She rolls over so much that she now just falls asleep on her belly. Never thought that day would come!
- She has to have a pacifier in her mouth to fall asleep. Just the way she is:)
- Wade still gives her a bottle before bed - about 6 oz. of milk - and she is still doing really well with sleeping through the night - thank you God! She sleeps 10-11 hours a night.
- She eats 5 times a day, every 3.5 hours, plus about 2 Tbsp. rice cereal and maybe some bananas or sweet potatoes too.
- She loves the song "Teddy Bear's Picnic"! When she is crying in the car, I just turn down the radio and start singing this song over and over again and it's been calming her down pretty quickly. It's a song that my mom sang to me when I was a baby and Avery has a cross-stitched picture of it in her nursery that my mom made for her - i love it!
- Her naps are getting better. She naps in the morning - usually 1 hour, maybe 1.5 hours.; again in the afternoon, and then again in the evening, for a total of about 2.5 or 3 hours of naps a day.
- We bought an over-the-door jumper and she really likes it! She is all smiles when we put her in it and it's great. It's so nice to be able to put her down in something, she stays happy, and I can get other things done around the house!
Wade and I are doing well too. We had a deck built on the back of our house about 2 weeks ago and I can't wait to start using it! We need to stain it and buy some outdoor furniture too. Any suggestions of good brands? We've been checking Walmart, Lowes, Target, but haven't found anything we like yet. We could use some tips!
I've been staying busy around the house, cooking and cleaning most days. On Wednesdays, I've been attending a "True Woman" conference with Florence at her church in the morning and then a Beth Moore Bible study on Esther at night. Wednesdays are my "busy" days:)
My 10 year high school reunion is coming up in August and Wade is just soooo excited about coming along with me (hope you got the scarcasm there). It's in WV and that'll be Avery's first trip up there! It's going to be a long trip too - it takes 6 hours, but it will likely be more like 7.5 with Avery. Hope it goes as smoothly as the TN trip!
Here are a few recent pictures...
I just love this one...she's so tiny!
Sara - I think Home Depot is having a big sale on Patio furniture online right now with free shipping. Look forward to seeing you at the reunion!
ReplyDeleteLesley McCullough McCallister
P.S. My husband isn't excited to go to the reunion with me either - he skipped his entirely three years ago, so don't feel like you're the only one!
great patio furniture at World Market! Avery is precious
ReplyDeleteI love checking on Avery! It tells me what Alli is gonna be doing next! :) So glad she is a healthy, happy baby. We started rice cereal today. She surely didn't love it but we'll keep trying. Do you give her cereal in the morning and at night?
ReplyDeleteI love know what Alli is up to also!:) I only give rice cereal to Avery in the morning, after her 2nd feeding. She gets a sweet potatoes or bananas in the afternoon. I'm not sure if that's the "right" way to do it, but it's working for now:) Avery didn't like rice cereal until the 4th or 5th time she tried it and she only likes it when it's mixed with breast milk, not formula or water.
ReplyDelete