Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Traditions

Wade and I have been talking about some Christmas traditions that we want to start with Avery.

For me, it's exciting to think about this because I hope they will be things that she will really look forward to each year.

At the same time, it's a little daunting because they should be special, be things she won't out-grow, and that she'll find valuable...and hopefully cherish for a long time!

So, from me, I've chosen to give her a book or two each year at Christmas. She absolutely loves looking at books, especially board books that have touch-and-feel pages or flaps she can open.

I should also quickly mention that I am obsessed with taking pictures with our good camera. I love playing with all the settings to try to get the perfect look for a picture...so, during Avery's nap yesterday, I indulged my obsession and did a quick photo shoot with nothing other than Avery's Christmas books!

I found these 2 sweet books at Target and they're perfect for a 1st Christmas present:



I also found several other books on Amazon that I just had to get her, because, ya know, it's her 1st Christmas!

Another Christmas tradition will be visiting Santa at the mall! She was a little scared of him this year, but she held back the tears and let the sweet lady at the booth take a quick picture:





1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.