Tuesday, June 1, 2010

15 Months

Avery had her 15 month appointment today. She is really a big girl...
Height: 33.25" (95th+ percentile)
Head: 20.25" (95th+ percentile)
Weight: 26 lbs. 2 oz. (90th percentile)

She received 2 more vaccines today (Hib and DTaP) and won't have to have any more for a few more years...that's right, years...YAY!!!

For this appointment, I packed jar of peanut butter and a spoon in the diaper bag. But, not for me. For Avery! I wanted to give her some in the exam room to see if she had an allergic reaction...because, if she did, then we'd be right there with the doctor...I'm kind of paranoid, I know!
But, when I asked the doctor if I could give her some, he said to wait until she is 2 years old. And, wait until she is 2 to feed her honey and to use toothpaste.
So, no pb&honey sandwiches until your 2 year appointment, Avery. And, no minty fresh breath until then either. Ha! Sorry, girl!:)

Here's a little list of things she's been up to...
1. Takes 1 nap a day. Around 12:30 pm, she takes a nap for about 1.5 to 2.5 hours
2. Loves saltine or Ritz crackers, American cheese slices, yogurt, milk, eating bananas the real way, and mandarin oranges (cut in half)
3. Sleeps about 10.5 - 11 hours at night
4. Getting lots of hair!
5. Her 5th tooth is coming in on the bottom (next to the bottom right tooth)
6. Thinks it's really funny when you smell her toes and then say "Ooooh! Stinky toes!"
7. Still uses a pacifier, but only if she is in her crib
8. Enjoys her new Sunday school class at church
9. Loves playing outside!
10. Sits forward facing in her carseat now

Here are a few pictures from Seabrook Island:

Trying to put on her sunglasses by herself

High-five! She can see out the front window now!

Sunset on the porch

Tickle time!

The Bonners!












3 comments:

  1. guess I am a bad mom...Addie has p-nut butter and honey already. She has also used toothpaste, but not the adult kind. They have some out there that they say is for under the age of 2. It doesn't have fluoride in it, I think that is why they want you to wait until they are 2. Love yours pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great family picture!! I bet Avery is having so much fun facing forward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is too precious!! love those big blue eyes, just like her momma!

    i guess every doc says different.. we gave caleb pb at age one and he uses the non-fluoride toothpaste also (its made by orajel, safe to swallow)...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.