For the past 2 weekends, I've been able to do some traveling and enjoy some good "girl time" without mommy obligations. It's been wonderful! I went to Boston June 18-20 to visit Sallie, my sister, and then I went to Knoxville, TN, June 26-28 to visit my college roommates, Beth, Stephanie, and Sonya.
A big thank you is in order for Wade and Wade's mom. They really helped out with Avery and made it possible for me to go!:)
This was my final time to just get away for a while before I'll be homebound (in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy) and then super occupied with a newborn baby in October.
On the way to Knoxville, I stopped and had lunch with Nancy, the author of the Casual Cuisine blog I follow. We met in college and it was so great to see her and meet her little girl! If you haven't read her cooking blog, you're missing out. It's on the right hand side of my blog and she has amazingly good recipes that are healthy and budget-friendly too.
For the UT girls weekend in Knoxville, we stayed at a cabin (formerly a bed & breakfast) in Sevierville (near Pigeon Forge). We all arrived in town on Friday night, enjoyed a great dinner Stephanie made at her house, and then drove up to the cabin. We did a lot of shopping at the outlets on Saturday afternoon, had dinner at TGI Fridays, and then relaxed at the cabin with movies and ice cream. It was wonderful! Here are a few pictures...
Yum-O!
Beth (with baby girl#2) and Stephanie outside the B&B Saturday morning!
Me and Sonya at dinner Saturday night
The cabin...and it's for sale! Any takers?
By running through the airport in Columbia (while 6 months pregnant - ha!), I was able to make my flight out of Columbia to DC...and, due to delays while we were on the ground in DC, I just barely made my connection to Boston. Whew.
Traveling back home (through Charlotte) was a lot easier (minus the motion sickness - thank you baby boy!).
The pictures from the Boston trip are up on facebook, so I won't repost them here. If you're a nerd like me, you should watch Wheel of Fortune this week because they are filming in Boston and showing all the famous sites during the show. If you're even nerdier, you can be like me and go online and actually apply to be on the show! I'm just waiting for the call to audition...RSTLNE...
Thanks for the shout out for my cooking blog! It was SO great to see you! I wish we could get together more often and I hope one day our girls can meet. I love seeing her pictures-the ones of her on FB of her feeding her baby with a spoon are precious! She sees to be full of personality and fun!
ReplyDelete