Thursday, March 10, 2011

Long, over-due post!

Hello, blog! I'm still here!
Well, to say that "life has been busy" is a big understatement. It's been down right exhausting. Taking care of 2 small children is a lot of work and, most days, I just have about 30-40 minutes of free time.
So, this is a looong over-due post that I'm about to write...and I'll try to get in all the major events that have taken place in the past month...

Reese's update:
- Sadly, he's quit sleeping through the night. He slept through the night only 4 times during the month of February. Big.Yawn. He usually gets up once to eat (anywhere between 1 and 4 am), but sometimes twice. As anyone whose ever taken care of a baby knows, when you're up in the night, it makes for a really long day the next day. This is the main contributor to why I've been so tired lately. But, he's worth all of it!!!
Last night, he woke up at 4:15 am. I decided to let him cry for a few minutes and see if he'd go back to sleep. Well, he did! After about 10 minutes of fussing, he was back to sleep until 6:15 am. It was awesome. So, he slept from 9:45 pm to 6:15 am. Whoo hoo! Hope he can keep it up.

-He rolls over, back to stomach and stomach to back, whenever you lay him down. So, he sleeps on his stomach most nights. He rarely uses a pacifier too. Yay!

-He has his first tooth! The bottom left tooth is showing through and it's bringing a lot of drool with it. He goes through about 4 bibs every day.



-We started rice cereal on Sunday. Not a fan.

-His big sister loves him!:)


4 month pajamas picture!




His first bite! Eww!

Pretty mad about the rice cereal, ha!


Avery's update:
-She's 2!!!!! Here are her stats from her well visit (no wonder she wears 3T clothing already!):
     Weight: 30 lbs. (84%)
     Height: 37 inches (99%)
     Head: 52 cm (above 100%)

-Recognizes and says all the letters in the alphabet

-Speaks more and more each day.  Her vocabulary seemed to double within matter of days back in January and now she can pretty much say anything!

-Loves to play in the backyard with bubbles, chalk, balls, and dirt/mulch

-Sits in a booster seat at the kitchen table (the highchair and tray are for Reese now)

-Absolutely loves going to preschool! Huge blessing!!!

- New favorite foods include cake, ice cream, dried fruit, cooked baby carrots with ranch dressing (or just ranch dressing by the spoonful), and French toast. She's also drinking 2% milk now (instead of whole).

-Enjoys watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Special Agent Oso, Little Einsteins, Dora the Explorer, Curious George, Cat in the Hat, Super Why, and Sid the Science Kid. We definitely exceed the recommended 2 hours of daily television watching. Watching a cartoon is one of the best ways to get her to be still while I feed Reese. So, we watch it a lot. Oh well. It's just the stage of life we're in right now!

-Still loves her kitchen set and "Mommy! Cook!" is a really common phrase right now.

-Not really interested in the potty chair...I'd love for her to be potty-trained by September because then she can take dance classes at a dance studio near our house. I know she'd love it!

Birthday party at Fun Zone! She loves cake!

Mickey and Minnie Mouse cake



Cupcake for breakfast on her birthday!

Her party at school

Crazy face! Wade sent her a dozen roses on her birthday, just like last year!

Our update:
- We celebrated our 4th anniversary on February 24th (which is also Avery's birthday)!!! We went to Greenville, SC, for a night and had a really fun time. Wade's parents watched Reese and Avery for the night in Gaffney. I think they had a wonderful time too!
Wade and I stayed at The Hampton Inn on the Reedy River downtown and had a great dinner at Rick Erwin's. The day we got there, we shopped on Main St. and then met up with Daniel, Carrie, and sweet Alli at the park! So great seeing them again!:) Then, we just relaxed at the hotel and had a great dinner. The next day, we had breakfast at Starbucks, did some shopping in the West End district, and then walked around the park again. It was so nice! However, if you are ever in the park after it rains, beware of big mud pits that form in the grass. Alli, unfortunately, became a victim of the pit and so did a lot of other people that day. Just watch your step!

-I've been meeting more moms that live in my neighborhood and have really enjoyed our weekly play dates. I'm pretty sure I enjoy the play dates more than Avery:) Over the past few months, I've realized that I need regular interaction with friends to keep me energized and, well, sane, ha! Even if it's just me and Reese, I never turn down a chance to meet up with friends. It's so, so nice to just sit, sip coffee, and talk.
Recently, a group of us decided to do a "girls night out" and go to The Capital City Club for dinner. It was a fancy place with a wonderful view of the downtown skyline. Even though Wade had class that night, I was so determined to go that I left my 2 year old and 4 month old in the hands of a young (8th grade), but very experienced and highly capable babysitter...and I'm so glad I did! We had a wonderful time and all of us talked about how important it is to do things for ourselves (we are all stay-at-home moms).  Avery and Reese had a great time with the babysitter too and we will definitely use her again!

At one point during dinner, one of the ladies leaned forward and said "Ok, I don't want to hear about your kids. I don't want to hear about your husbands. I want to hear about you. What have you done for yourself lately?" I was so happy she did this! Don't get me wrong, I love talking about kid stuff, but sometimes you just need to take a break of all of that and talk about normal, real-life things again.  Like, your own interests, hobbies, thoughts, opinions, events, etc. It's refreshing and important to remember that you have a life too!:)

Friendships are so important and it's worth all the effort it takes to keep them going.  It's great to be able to talk with other ladies about the ups and downs of life. I'm so thankful for all of my friends!
Ok, that's all for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.