Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summertime!

Welcome, summer! It's so hot in Columbia...it was over 90 every day in the month of June and I'm not sure if its been any cooler in July so far. It's definitely summertime!

We've had a great summer too. For the 4th of July, we spent a long weekend in Gaffney. We visited Wade's parents and family. Avery swam a lot in the pool and just loved all the fun she had with Malie, Papa, and Mawmaw. Reese had a great time too and I bought him a lot of (12 month!) clothes at the Carter's outlet.








Last week, Reese started pulling up to standing. He first did it in his crib. He was crying for a little while after I put him down for his nap. So, I went to check on him and he was standing up for the 1st time! I think he was "stuck" and didn't know how to get down. A few days later, he did it again in the living room in his pack n' play. This time I saw him do it and quickly grabbed my camera to catch all the action...
1. Grab the edge

2. Smash your face against the side

3. Pull up with all of your baby strength

4. Wait for it...

5. Stand up

6. Lick the edge in victory!

Reese was also promoted to next Sunday school class for "crawlers". He crawls and gets around all over the 1st floor of our house. He can go up the stairs too, but he's still pretty slow and wobbly when he climbs the steps. He really likes the refrigerator and enjoys playing with all the magnets!




Here are just some sweet shots of my big man!



He's tried some new foods this month: cantaloupe and Gerber Graduates Puffs. Puffs are so fun! He likes them a lot and they keep his attention really well while he's in his high chair. He's pretty good at feeding them to himself too. I also got a fruit/vegetable mesh food holder thing for Reese to try. Avery loved using one for fruit and I tried it with Reese today. He wasn't so sure of it at first, but after a few tries, he got the hang of it and "ate" a piece of cantaloupe. Yum!


Another big milestone came this month too: his first word, "Daddy"! It was so sweet. When Wade came home from work, I was holding Reese in my arms. Wade just walked over to us, looked at Reese, and said "Say, Daddy".  So, Reese, our ever-obedient little boy, said "Daddy!" We were so happy that we both heard his first word so clearly! He's growing up!


Here's an update on Avery...On Monday, she had her first dentist appointment. Cue the loud scream.
After prepping her the day before on what to expect, she only made it about 2 minutes into the exam before the tears started. Poor girl. Wade, Reese, and I were all there to support her too:) She was all smiles in the waiting room! The dental assistant took us back to the exam room and she really tried to make it fun for Avery. Avery sat in the exam chair, she got to put on the paper bib, and then take a "ride" on the chair. The assistant raised the chair up, then back down, and then she reclined it...and that's when Avery lost it. She did not want to lay back...and she did not want to continue with the exam. She was done! She started crying and whining and she was not going to sit in that chair anymore.
So, I picked her up, calmed her down, and then I had to sit in the chair and hold Avery while the assistant brushed her teeth with a cute princess tooth brush. Poor girl. I also had to hold her in my lap - as she cried, hard -  while the dentist merely looked at her teeth. It took less than 10 seconds, but it was too long and too much for Avery. Once the dentist left the room, Avery was given a gold coin to take to the treasure box to "buy" a toy. She picked a yellow bouncy ball and she's LOVE it. She now talks about Dr. Taylor and just seems to have nothing but good things to say about the visit. Go figure!:)

Here is a picture of Avery doing one of her most favorite things...playing in the water in the sink! She likes to fill up cups and bowls and play in the soap bubbles. Sweet girl!


She also loves to color and she learned how to draw a "Happy Face" today too! My little artist...


I drew the green one and then Avery drew her "happy face" in purple!

That's all for now!
Next up: Reese's 9 month picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.