It's February and the countdown to the big day has begun! 16 days to go!
Avery's birthday is February 24th (which is also our wedding anniversary, but I keep forgetting about that). I'm so happy that our little girl is turning ONE!
I can't wait for her party...to see her eat birthday cake for the 1st time, to dress her up in a little pink tutu, put a pink-feather-trimmed party hat on her, to increase the amount of pictures we have of her to well over 15,500 (seriously)....I just can't wait! Yippee!
Here are a few recent pictures of the little one...
"Christening" Wade's new phone
Sitting pretty for the camera
Getting lots of hair!
My parents were here last weekend and brought Avery some early birthday presents. They got her an outfit and this Sock Monkey Jack in the Box. She kind of whined and made this little pouty face every time the monkey popped up - it was actually kind of cute, ha! She's good with it now, but it was funny to see her play with it after she first opened it!
Trying to make friends with the Sock Monkey!
I'm on Day 30 of reading my Bible in 90 Days too. So, I'm 1/3 of the way done!
Right now, I'm reading 1 Chronicles and it repeats a lot of the same information from 2 Samuel.
Why? To encourage the people who returned to Judah after the exile to Babylon.
Background: A group of people lived in Judah, but then they were captured by King Nebuchadnezzar. They were taken as captives to live in Babylon, his city (thus, calling this "the exile"). Years later, they were freed and slowly started to move back to Judah, their hometown.
So, 1 Chronicles starts out chronicling the descendants from Adam to Abraham...and Isaac, Jacob (aka Israel), his many sons...and then it picks up with Saul's death and David's reign as king.
King David's reign is told again because it's one of the more positive events of the time. Thus, more encouraging to the people who are returning to Judah, their homeland.
Whew! It's a lot of information to keep straight, but I'm loving it!:)
I love the 2nd pic of Avery! So adorable. Love that face and those cheeks. I get sad everytime I read your blog (in a good way!) cause I want her and Alli to play together!! Can't wait to see pics of her party. Where did you get the frog pjs? Love them!
ReplyDeleteGirl, if y'all ever move back to Columbia, we will have play dates all the time!:) The frog pjs are Carters brand and I think my mom got them from Macys. You could probably find them at Babies R Us because they carry lots of Carters clothes too.
ReplyDelete15,500 pictures!?!?!?! You've beaten me, and I didn't know that was possible ;)!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see pictures of Avery's birthday! Are you excited?