Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Big, Bigger, and Biggest

Big news: Avery took her 1st step!!! It happened last week on her 13th month birthday! I was upstairs getting my suitcase (more on that below) and Malie, our nickname for Wade's mom, was downstairs with Avery. Her 1st step was towards her Malie!:)
After Malie yelled up to me, "She just took 2 steps!", I ran downstairs and waited for her to do it again...and then Avery took 2 more steps! I t was so sweet!
Since then, she has only taken 2 steps at a time, but it's awesome. She stands up on her own really well now and I'm just so proud of her!

Bigger news: I had my 1st overnight trip away from Avery. Tear, sniff...it was about time, I guess:)
I flew up to WV for 5 nights to stay with my mom and help her as she recovered from surgery. Surprisingly, I missed Wade more than Avery! Malie came down from Gaffney to watch Avery and they had a ball! She even taught Avery how to say "Night, Night" and lay her head on her shoulder. Love it!
My time with my mom was so fun too. I slept in every day (!!!) and we watched movies, went to the mall, ran errands, looked at old photo albums, cooked...it was so relaxing! She's doing great too:)

Ok...and the biggest news is...

There's another baby on the way!!!!

Avery is going to be a big sister!

We found out on February 9th. It was such a great surprise!:)
I'm 12 weeks along and doing just fine. The due date is Oct. 13th. Wow! I think I'm still in shock. Thank you, God!!:)



5 comments:

  1. Yippee!! So happy the news is out. Hope you are feeling great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!! such wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I guess you did need those clothes back then! That's also great that Avery is learning to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Wilson told me a while back but my lips were sealed!!! Hope you are feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, yay, yay!!! Soooo excited for ya'll! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.