Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Books and Bugs


Yesterday, Avery turned 14 weeks old and she's been such a joy. I really don't want to her to grow up! (I can't believe I actually said that, ha!) She has been very interested in her crinkly "Fluffy Chick" book, her pink light up bug, her hands, her Taggies rattle, and chewing on her clothes, bibs, fists, my hands, Wade's hands, anything she can bring to her mouth. 
She is so funny too! When I go get her in the mornings, she is squawking and rolling around in her bed. She then looks up at me, gives me some crazied-eyed little smile, starts waving her arms and legs around, and going "Ohhh, oooh, oooh" - I love it!  
We had our 2nd trip to Gaffney last weekend and Avery did great. However, on Friday night, she had one gigantic, 1.5 hour long meltdown...I had to leave the house, stand with her on the porch, and sing to her while holding the pacifier in her mouth to get her to stop crying. I know 1.5 hours of crying isn't bad to some people, but that was really out of the ordinary for Avery. 
What was also really out of the ordinary was how long she slept! New record: 9 hrs. 45 minutes!!! She must have really worn herself out with all the crying because she was out like a light after her last feeding...and didn't wake up until pretty late Saturday morning. 
While we were in Gaffney, we went to the outlet mall and just had a lazy weekend around the house. It was so relaxing and nice to be there with Wade's family!
Next week, my mom is coming down and she, Avery, and I are taking a road trip to Orlando! We're going to visit my grandma and uncle. Avery is my grandma's first great-grand daughter. She's 96 years old too! I'm really looking forward to that trip:)
Here are some pictures from the weekend in Gaffney:









2 comments:

  1. She is too cute! I'm actually starting to see some Wade in her. She looked exactly like you when she was born.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.