Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Home this week



Avery, mom, and I were supposed to be spending a few days this week in Orlando with my sweet grandma...but, my mom is at home in WV recovering from a car accident over the weekend. She is ok, but just really sore in her upper body. So, our trip is on hold and will take place at a later time. I'm very thankful that my mom and dad are ok (they were coming back from lunch on Saturday afternoon) and I'm looking forward to seeing them again soon!

Avery and I are home this week, just bummin around the house, and taking lots of pictures to pass the time. It's too hot to go on stroller rides (my outdoor thermometer says 120 degrees, haha, it's so accurate), so we're staying indoors. 

Over the weekend, we got a new walkway built on the side of our house! It goes from the driveway to our screen porch and it's awesome. No more muddy feet as you try to walk to our backyard!





Big news: Avery found her feet on Sunday! She's been happily hanging onto her sweet little toes and rolling all around. Love it, love it, love it.

I'm looking forward to trying sweet potatoes and rice cereal soon. In just 2 more weeks, solids can begin! Whoo hoo! 
As far as keeping Avery on a schedule, she is on a good eating schedule - every 3 to 3.5 hours - and I've been working on getting some kind of a naptime in before every feeding. I've finally figured out that if I lay her in her pack n play, let her cry and fuss for about 5 minutes, and then go put the pacifier back in her mouth and rub her forehead for a few seconds, she'll fall asleep. Her naps, though, don't last long. The average nap is 30 - 35 minutes. I'm wondering when she'll start napping once in the morning and once in the afternoon...Hmmm...I might have to dust off the old Babywise book and look it up. 
In other, non-baby news, I've been doing well and enjoying life a lot. I haven't been running in about 4 weeks, though, and I've been doing pilates instead (I'm waiting on my right toe to stop throbbing...sigh). It's actually been nice to try something else for a change! I've also been trying out new recipes, weaning myself off of coffee (except decaf) again, trying to eat healthier, and trying to keep up with friends. It's so easy to just stay at home and play with Avery all day...they say that will get boring one of these days, but I just love it so much right now! Wade is busy with work, keeping up with FBC stuff, playing softball on Tuesdays, playing golf on the weekends, and being an awesome husband and dad. 

A family photo...but, thanks to a sweet baby with a big old head...

What you see is what you get! ha!



Here is a better picture of our little girl:


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the rice cereal...we gave Maddie some last night for the first time and she didn't like the spoon. She acted as if she was gagging but hopefully Avery will do better! I guess we just have to keep trying if not!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.