This post is all about the fun stuff we've been up to with Avery - toys, play dates, and our Saturday morning tradition!
Ok, here we go...
First off, Avery got 2 new toys from "Uncle Frank" (Wade's boss). He came over last week with 2 big bags from Toys R Us for Avery (and a cooler with a super nice bottle of wine in it for Wade and me...but, mostly for Wade). She loves the toys!! My favorite is the Leap Frog Learning and Music Table because the songs are really catchy and you can just flip a switch and it starts talking in Spanish - ha! She also got a Spin Around Learning Town toy and likes to pull on the toy bar and punch the rooster in the face. She's a very interactive baby:)
Here are pictures of her with the toys:
Getting the rooster!
The next fun thing was the play date we were invited to for Carrie and Alli! It was so nice to see her, baby Alli, and actually talk! Whoo hoo!:) I also got to see some other friends from church, meet their sweet babies, and meet some other fun ladies too. I love getting together with other moms and talking about baby stuff because, when it comes to caring for Avery, I can use all the helpful hints I can get! It was a wonderful afternoon (except for the "surprise" that Avery gave me in her carseat...but, I'm actually getting better at cleaning up "surprises" and they don't actually surprise me anymore!).
Here are some pictures from the play date:
Carrie looks great, but I have no idea what Avery is doing!
Church friends!
Maria and Porter
Ella and her beautiful brown eyes!

Jessie and Anna Kate
The star of the show - Alli!
Sweet Sara Grace
And last, but not least, our Saturday morning tradition: Starbucks! Each weekend that we are in Columbia, we head out to Starbucks for morning coffee or super bland Gerber oatmeal (depending on how old you are). This past Saturday, the weather was absolutely perfect. Low 70s, low humidity, and a breeze. Ahhhh:) We sat outside and enjoyed the great weather and taking pictures in "Vivid Blue" on our camera. We love going there on Saturdays, talking, goofing off, then doing a little shopping or something afterwards. It's nice too because Avery always falls asleep in her carseat after we leave Starbucks. I think it's because we sit outside and, for some reason, being outside for an extended period of time makes her sleepy. Or, maybe it's because we always end up skipping her morning nap on Saturdays because we go to Starbucks instead and then she just falls asleep in the car afterwards. Hmmm...anyway, it's a fun tradition we have and here are some vividly blue pictures for you to enjoy!
Tomorrow, Avery goes to the doctor for her 6 month check-up. I'll post her new stats sometime later this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.