Monday, August 24, 2009

Half a Year


Happy 1/2 birthday, Avery!
She is the big 6 months and Wade and I couldn't be more in love with our little girl!

She has accomplished 2 big things this past month:
1. She has 2 little bottom teeth
2. She can say "ma ma"

I'm waaay more excited about #2! (and I think that's the only #2 that I'll ever be excited about, if you know what I mean...)

She started saying ma ma on Thursday of last week. Up until then, she said "mmmmmm" a lot and then, while we were sitting at the table eating dinner, she spoke up and said ma ma! We quickly grabbed the video camera and tried to capture those sweet little words on tape, but she's was done talking by the time we got it set up.

On our trip to WV last weekend for my 10 year high school reunion, we discovered that she likes to talk in the car. Hearing her say ma ma all the way up to WV made the 7+ hour drive a lot more enjoyable!

The trip home was great, but too short. We stayed at my parents house and Avery slept in her pack n'play in my sister's old room. Wade and I slept in my old room and the glow in the dark stars (that I stuck on my ceiling in 7th grade) are still up there - that's some good sticky stuff!

We attended 2 events on Saturday for my reunion - the afternoon picnic and the evening dinner. My parents kept Avery while Wade and I went to the dinner and they put her to bed too. This was the 1st time Wade and I have been able to stay out late together and it was so nice!

I had a good time catching up with my friends and hearing the update on everyone. Wade even admitted that he had a much better time than he thought he would. He enjoyed the dinner event the most, but said the best part was talking with the bartender downstairs! Oh well. I thought the best part, for him, was seeing me take part in the old GWHS band picture! He's been giving me a hard time for being in the band ever since he met me:)

Avery slept great at my parent's house both nights and did wonderfully at the reunion picnic too. We had beautiful weather - low 60s in the am with hardly any humidity and 70s in the pm - and had a fun visit, but it was definitely too short.

Avery "played" the piano for the first time too!

Good thing she doesn't look scared!


Here are some other pictures of her with my parents:



Here are some pictures I took this morning:

Playing with a magazine - one of her new favorite things!


Noticing that the television is on and contorting her body to watch it:)



6 month jammies picture! This outfit is amazing. The tag says it's 0-3 months, but it still fits!


Reading my magazine at home

I have a video clip of Avery saying ma ma that I will post as soon as I can figure out how to download it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.