Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving in Gaffney

For Thanksgiving, we went up to Gaffney, SC, to celebrate with Wade's family! His mom cooked a WONDERFUL meal for everyone - turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, rolls, and a pumpkin roll for dessert...plus Christine brought her signature apple pie - everything was so good! We had a really fun, relaxing time.

In addition to getting a great big meal, I got another treat too: a trip to the movies!!! Wade's mom and I went and saw The Blindside, while Wade and his dad watched Avery. It was so good! That was my first trip to the movies since Avery's been born and I loved every minute of it!

Hello, Gaffney!

She loves the remote

Say "ahhh"!

Papa is sleeping in his recliner, I'm checking to see if Avery has a wet diaper, and she is staring at something. Yep, that's how we roll:)

She loves tearing up magazines!

In the living room on Thanksgiving

Sleepy!

Avery and Papa

Avery really like Wade's old rocking chair!

First taste of turkey...baby food turkey...not a fan...it smelled like Friskies...

That's better!

Even Bentley wanted to talk to Avery!

Avery did really well sleeping the first night we were there, but (I think it's her teeth) she did not do well at all the 2nd night. She woke up around 10:30 pm and did not go back to sleep until sometime after 12:30 am! It was ridiculous. Wade and I just let her cry herself to sleep after 12:30 am because we were so tired and just didn't know what else to do for her (we changed her, fed her, gave her Tylenol, rocked her...). I think she is teething because she started drooling a LOT and has a runny nose again today. I really hope this isn't something with her ears...she just finished up taking medicine for a double ear infection...we have our next appointment on Wednesday and the doctor is going to look in her ears again. I hope she'll start sleeping through the night again sometime soon...


3 comments:

  1. Aahh! You've got me scared now. Alli's last day of medicine is today and I'm so done with this crazy schedule, weird eating, & sleeping that's been going on! Hope she is getting teeth and her ears are hurting again. I love the pic of you checking her diaper! Priceless! I laughed out loud actually. These babies sure do make life interesting. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. I meant to say that I hope Avery's ears AREN'T hurting again not ARE hurting. I'm not that mean I promise. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.