A very sweet little girl turned 11 months old yesterday!
And, she's about had it with sitting still...
I was lucky to get the first picture!
Here is a little bit of what she's been up to lately...
- Likes to turn pages in books and "read" them out loud
- Loves cottage cheese mixed with anything (mainly avocado or chicken)
-Eats 3 meals a day, plus a snack between lunch and dinner. Breakfast is oatmeal with fruit mixed in. Lunch is cottage cheese, 2 vegetables, maybe some fruit, and half a piece of bread. Snack is usually yogurt. Dinner is pretty much the same as lunch!
- Still napping twice a day for about 1-1.5 hours at a time
-Crawls really well (and fast)
-Laughs when you play peek-a-boo with her by peaking from around a corner/book/toy
-Uses a pacifier only for naptime and at night to fall asleep. I put 3 of them in her crib and she eventually finds one that she likes!
-Likes story time on Friday afternoons at the library. She sits in my lap and claps along with the books and songs (I love it)!
-Drinks out of a sippy cup now (Playtex Sipsters are her favorite)
-Loves cell phones! I think she takes after her dad.
-Likes to climb around on the couch and scale the "pillow walls"
-Really gets mesmerized by her Praise Baby dvd. She will stand up by the coffee table and look at the tv for 30 minutes straight while it plays!
-She had her 1st (minor) blood-shedding accident last week! She was crawling over my legs as I was sitting on the hard wood floors...and, for some reason, she didn't put her arms out when she was lowering herself to the floor...and, BOOM! She face-planted on the floor and her front teeth busted her upper lip. She cried pretty hard. I didn't realize she was bleeding until I was holding her and I looked at my shoulder and saw blood on it! I let her bite down on a wet washcloth for a little bit to help ease the pain and that helped. She had a puffy lip for a while, but it was gone by the following morning. Whew.
That's about it! I'm starting to shop for her 1st birthday party too - only 1 month away!
My friend, Nancy, has a cooking blog - see the link on the right, it's called Casual Cuisine. It's a great blog and I recently made one of her recipes, Baked Chicken and Veggies. It was so good, it's healthy, and it's really easy to make! Here's a picture:
Thanks for the shout out, sara ;)!!
ReplyDeleteI love these pictures of Avery, too-I can't believe she's almost a year. I am looking forward to seeing pics from her birthday!