Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day three and A-very

My child's name is actually 2 words put together. A and very. This naturally lends itself to lots of nicknames for her...A very beautiful girl, being the main one!
She also gets called Booger, Booger Butt (I think we'll have to retire that one soon), The Little One, and The Little Girl.

And, she is turning into quite the little girl...and no longer the little baby Avery. It's been so neat watching her grow up and try new things, but I kind of miss the little baby newborn days (expect the lack of sleep and all the crying (her and me) and diaper changing every 30 minutes and the OCD-ness about germs and the outside world in general.) Her 1st birthday is in 1 1/2 months. Wow! Here's a picture of her making a mess with shredded cheese...

So, time goes on...and B90D is going on too! I'm on Day 3 and still on track. Whew. I'm reading Genesis 28 to 39 today. Yesterday's reading was interesting. Here's what happened...

(Background: Abraham and Sarah were married and had a boy named Isaac.)

Ok, when Abraham and Sarah lived in a town called Gerar, Abraham lied and told the people that Sarah was his sister and not his wife (Gen 20:2)...then, 1 generation later, Isaac did the same exact thing.

When Isaac was in Gerar, he lied and told the people Rebekah (his wife) was his sister (Gen 26:7).

Ironically, both the lies were discovered by the same guy! Abimelech! Weird.

I was thinking about this a lot yesterday and some questions came to mind, like did Abraham ever tell Isaac what he did in Gerar? It happened before Isaac was born, so may be he didn't.

Well, I'm off to read some more...and I guess I should think about something to do for Wade's 30th birthday tomorrow! Woo hoo!

Here are a few pictures of Wade over the years...love that personality!








1 comment:

  1. Hey Sara! Glad to hear you are keeping up with it so far. Good for you! I like the summary on your blog. I actually just finished reading Genesis today....I had lots of questions as well. I wish I could have a bible scholar sit beside me and answer them as I read :). Hope you have a good week. Avery is a doll. I am really enjoying Braelyn's stage right now. Trying to talk a lot and communicate and do even more silly things. It's so fun. You have a lot to look forward to still. Tell Wade Happy Bday from the Jones'.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.