And, thankfully, I'm not doing that. I'm doing B90D instead.
B90D. Ahhh...B90D. It's starting soon. To be exact, it's starting Monday, January 11th, at 9:30 am (during Avery's morning nap).
I guess you could say that has a few things in common with P90X...it's crazy. It's a little hard-core. It takes 90 days.
But, it doesn't make you sweat and it definitely will not transform your body from regular to ripped in 90 days. Nope. You will look exactly the same when you finish B90D:)
Well, what is B90D?
B90D is a program that the Student Ministry at First Baptist Church is starting (Wade and I help out with the 10th graders). "B90D" stands for Bible in 90 Days. That's reading the whole Bible cover-to-cover in 90 days.
Seriously.
So, this is crazy, hard-core, and takes 90 days. Not a year. Just 90 days. You read 12 pages a day and, in actually 88 days, you're done. There are 2 "free" days built into the schedule. There are special B90D Bibles that you read from that are marked off in 12-page days.
Eeeee...I'm a little nervous about this...mainly because I attempted to do B90D in the fall and it didn't go so well.
I started off doing fine...I was reading 12 pages a day and getting in a good groove...but, about 30 days into it, I started to slack off. I was reading more like 5 or 6 pages a day and then skipping a day and then reading like 3 pages...and I fell wa-a-ay behind. I ended up finishing the Bible just a few days ago...so, it was more like B5monthsD.
This time, it's going to be B90D. I really hope to stick to the reading this time and make it through in 90 (or 88) days.
Anyone want to read with me??:)
For more info, visit the B90D website: http://www.biblein90days.org
That is awesome Sara! Daniel actually read that the youth was doing that on the website. What a great challenge! Keep us posted on how it goes. I always wonder why it is so hard to sit down and really dig into God's word when it is so rich and you feel so full when you're done. Have fun! :) Haha... you really did have me thinking you were seriously gonna work out hard core. You were about to motivate me big time. You have motivated me... just not to work out! Haha..
ReplyDeleteha! Maybe I'll try P90X after I read the Bible. Or, maybe not:) I'll for sure let you know how it goes. We had a big parent rally today and over 350 students and parents attended to hear all about the program. It was great! Hope you and Alli are doing well and let us know when you're back in Columbia again!
ReplyDeleteHey Sara! Just had to let you know that your blog post was so encouraging!! That's what I'm talking about.....let's give our spiritual muscles a workout!! I would LOVE to do this with you, but I'm actually trying to read the bible through in a new chronological study bible that I got after Christmas...and I think it might take a couple of years. But I WILL do it. I'm so glad you guys are being able to participate in that ministry with those students. Keep it up!!! You can do it!! And may God be glorified in it all!
ReplyDeleteAlli does keep bows in her hair quite well! She doesn't love it when I put them in but she's had lots of hair from the beginning so bows have always been a part of her wardrobe! Haha. She doesn't really know any different! :)
ReplyDelete